Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Simple ROR earrings

Those ones were waiting to get a how to tat history... And since I would not like to tempt some tatters to try to estimate, I just rushed a bit with the pattern. Which I promissed anyway.



Skills required: shuttle tatting, tatting with beads, up and down joins. 

Small reminder for the ones liking a neat finish, no twisted picots. Never fight against the thread. This always can punish sooner or later. Better learn the right technique than making compromises to the quality of your lace. Not even when worked "for fun". Yes, I've been told this one too: "We do not work at an academic level, just for fun."
· Up join - marked with + in the pattern (the regular one, the one we learn at the beginning) will make that the ring you are working lay under the rings already worked. Reason: the thread you pull from the left hand to make the joining loop brings the worked ds from underneath the work. You will pass the shuttle also from down towards up.  
· Down join - marked with * in the written pattern: when you pull the thread to make the join, the worked ds are on top of the previous rings anyway and the shuttle passes from left to right ON TOP of the work, so this ring will remain on top. 
That  simple. 

There you go for the pattern. 
1 shuttle project. 
Material needed: thread of your choice (my Penny 30 gave me a 2,5 cm long earring), 28 seed beads (29 for the daring variant, with the tatted in crystal). Beads of your choice for the finish. 

Shuttle, beading threader, fine crochet hook, scrissors, needle (for the finish). Magic thread trick is beautiful, but maybe you would like to place 1 bead and then hide the thread. 
All the picots will be very small picots.

Basic pattern: 

8 rings worked in the given order. 
R1: 5 - 5 - 10, cl, dnt
R2: 10 + (to R1)  20 - 10, cl, dnt
R3: 10 + (to R2) 5 - 5, cl, dnt
R4: 5 + (to R3) 10 - 5, cl, dnt
R5: 5 + (to R4) 5 - 10, cl, dnt
R6: 10 + (to R5) 15  - 10, cl, dnt
R7: 10 * (up join to R6) 5 - 5, cl, dnt
R8: 5 + 10 + (folded join to R7) 5 cl, cut thread. 

The beaded variant requires the use of the beads. Known already: 3 beads in the loop for the ring, 1 from  the shuttle to form this diamond (marked dbp in the pattern).  All rings will start with those 3 beads in the left hand, except the ring 6. Feel free to change it if you prefer it. 
String on the shuttle 28 beads. 

R1: 5 - 5 dbd  1 - 11, cl, dnt
R2: 11 + (to R1) 10 dbp 10 - 11, cl, dnt
R3: 11 + (to R2) 1 dbp 5 - 5, cl, dnt
R4: 5 + (to R3) 5 dbp 5 - 5, cl, dnt
R5: 5 + (to R4) 5 dbp 1 - 11, cl, dnt
R6: 11 + (to R5) 15  - 11, cl, dnt
R7: 11 * (up join to R6) 1 dbp 5 - 5, cl, dnt
R8: 5 + 5 dbp 5 + (folded join to R7) 5 cl, cut thread. 

Now, you are ready to embellish your earring as it pleases you. 

For the daring ones, I tell how I worked my earring. Not a big thing, bit it requires a bit of patience during the work. I like challenges so I tatted in my crystal. I placed all my seed beads on the shuttle and also the crystal blocked with a seed bead, like for the free stamen for the Sakura patern. 
The beads sequence to fill the shuttle is: 25 seed beads, this crystal with the seed bead blocker, 3 seed beads. 
Start from the ring 2 with the 3 seed beads and the crystal + blocker in the loop. When the ring will be closed, the cristal will remain trapped at the base of the ring. Then you must tat  the ring 3... In this case you should not have any folded join. Only take care about the placement of the layered rings. 

Have fun. For any questions I am always around. 
Happy tatting. 




  

35 comments:

  1. Merci pour le partage, elles sont sur ma liste ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toujours un plaisir, Julie. Tu me dis s'il y a des erreurs dans le schéma?

      Delete
  2. Grazie infinite Corina, sei sempre gentilissima <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely earrings and a very clear tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are simple, in fact, but the make some effect when they are worked well. Thank you, Izabela.

      Delete
  4. Great tutorial! Thank you, Corina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Please, let me know if this is easy to follow.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial! These earrings are very pretties... I think I try....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Feel free to give them a try, let.

      Delete
  6. No me sale el beaded diamond picot. Podrías poner un vídeo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Chari. Te vas a reir, te lo prometo. No necesitas ningún video: 3 rocallas vienen del hilo que tienes en el mano izquierda (como para hacer un picot con perlas) y la rocalla de la base de cuesto picot viene de la naveta. Si haces un anillo con el picod diamante: toma 3 mostacillas en tramo de hilo, preparate a laborar el anillo con las perlitas. Cuando tienes que hacer el picot, toma las 3 perlitas , trae 1 perla de la naveta colocalas y continua a laborar. Il picot se forma de si mismo.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for being so gracious in sharing this pattern. I cannout wait to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comme Julie ma Too do list ne cesse de croître, merci Corina !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all. Hope it tempts a bit. Sure it makes fun to work them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely earrings, will be having a try at them when I am better.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tutorial Corina. I'm new to tatting with beads so i really like easy patterns for me to try. I'll post in my group on FB so you can what how i did. Again, thanks for sharing your creations with us 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grazie corina per lo schema, sono agli inizi ma vorrei provare ... Non so a cosa corrispondono le abbreviazioni in inglese, me le potresti spiegare per favore?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hola, estoy incursionando en esta técnica que me ha gustado muchísimo, quisiera que me ayudaras un poco, he leído este articulo pero no entiendo las uniones, al patrón escrito no lo entiendo por las abreviaturas, si puediras ayudarme te agradeceria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, AB.
      El patron sigue la notaciones estandard para frivolité en inglés.
      R anillo
      los numeros: los nudos dobles,
      - picot,
      dpb: picot con rocallas en forma de diamante (3 del mano, 1 de la naveta)
      + union,
      + (R1) union con el anillo 1,
      * union por encima del labor,
      dnt (do not turn work) no voltear el trabajo
      Mas o menos es todo.

      Delete
  14. Thank you for yet again a lovely pattern! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  15. j'aime beaucoup tes boucles d'oreilles !!! Ca me donne envie de m'y remettre.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing your pattern with us Corina.
    I made a few pairs of earrings using it. You can see two of the pairs here: https://oclairedelune.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/boucles-doreille-ankars-earrings/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to know if there is a shared pattern for the wave jewelry set. I have looked everywhere and can't afford to buy the pattern. Can you please, please let me know. I just love that design. Thank you may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon. Just did it. http://cmhandmade.blogspot.com.es/2016/04/pattern-wave.html

      Delete
    2. I want to thank you again for helping me, I have a problem with the beads in the picot. Please forgive me I just learn how to tat with a shuttle, I am a needle tatter, can you help me again. Thank you

      Delete
    3. I want to thank you again for helping me, I have a problem with the beads in the picot. Please forgive me I just learn how to tat with a shuttle, I am a needle tatter, can you help me again. Thank you

      Delete
    4. Hi Sharon, no need to feel bad about it. The 4 beads for the picot:
      With the shuttle: you have all the beads on the shuttle thread. Start the ring with 3 beads on the hand. When the time comes, bring those beads and take another one from the ones remaining on the shuttle.
      With the needle: thread in the shuttle all the rocailles supposed to be on the on the superior part of this beaded picot. Keep aside some beads (they must have a hole allowing the needle to pass). Work te ring until you must make the picot. Bring 3 beads from the ball, take another one with the needte (so it can stay on the core thread) continue.
      Hope this helps.
      Have fun, Sharon.

      Delete
  18. Such a beautiful patten. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for the pattern Corona! It's beautiful and has great potential for variations!

    ReplyDelete