But my tatting did not make any break.
I revisited some old patterns: my Reina bracelet, the choker Perla and the wrist watch.
Tatting bugs was a first for me. Believe or not, I did not really tat any butterfly until this contest from ALittleMarket.com.The theme: the dragonfly. After some browsing (how could I know it I am not stepping on someone's other path?) I made my own. Ankars style.
All done with polyester thread, the green facetted cristals beads are Bohemian ones, the dark red: agat.
3 elements bracelet: the foundation: a common square motiv. The red flower: own pattern (1 shuttle flower, nothing interwoven, so no real pain to work every ring).
And the dragonfly ended up quite decent. Ankars style means no bead added during the work. Everything is sewed after.
The real test came after. I do not tat with a pattern in front of me, this makes the things not always easy. I never learn.
I managed to work today again the dragonfly (as you see, 2 shuttle thing). I added some more vsp (for more stability) and, this time, the feelers are tatted in!
I made the pattern, tested it, made the ones with the beads schemes too (all the beads go on the shuttles). I will post the pattern after I will let it be tested.
But I feel happy about these feelers. I checked this way to add the beads for a small flower. It is really working fine. Guess it is something worth some more attention for 1 pattern or 2.