Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hobby or profession?

To make from your hobby a profession or not? This would be a good question.
Of course you need to support your hobyy, every hobby crafter knows that after a certain point, you have to refund your hobby. And this one is sometimes quite expensive, think about the beaders, for instance. Of course you can make presents from your work, but the question remains: to what point will you do it?
I read an advice today: let your passion at this point, otherwise you will end up by working for orders with no fun.
Is it true? I am still at the point when I have a lot of fun working for my orders. And I am happy to have the means to continue my game with thread and pearls. I would like, of course, to get to the next level, but then comes marketing in the equation. It was never my strongest side because I am rather shy with what I can achieve. I am not pushy, sais my husband. So I try to push...
And I continue to play with my material. Even with the ends of thread. And it gives sometimes this:
  


The main object will be a bracelet. I just have to add the beads (tiger's eye) and that's it.
The original pattern is here, I just adapted it to 2-8-2-8 both sides (I want it straight) and I just hid the thread by Rocaille seed beads. 


2 comments:

  1. Me encanta que enseñes tus trabajos sin decorar, pues en el decorado es donde se puede variar para que no se vea igual, sino aplicar la creatividad que tal vez para el diseño del frivo es mas difícil. Muchas gracias.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. En el Ankars, por utilizar piedras, se cambia muchissimo el diseño original del encaje, tienes razón. Yo no veo ningún problema en mostrar mi trabajo antes de haberlo terminado.

    ReplyDelete